Congregation Or Tzion offers many learning opportunities for adults, led by our Clergy and community partners.
- Torah Express: On Shabbat mornings, during our Kiddush lunch, join Rabbi Caplan and other Jewish professionals and teachers from our community for an in-depth study of the Torah portion of the week.
- Kavana Kafe: Rabbi Caplan leads a “light learning” session, once a month, with a light breakfast, preceding Shabbat Morning Services.
- Adult B’nai Mitzvah: Now is your chance to be part of our congregation’s second ever B’nai Mitzvah Class. Our sessions with Rabbi Caplan will begin on Sunday, October 7 after the holidays, taking place from 9-10 AM. Each student in the class will participate in a service later in the spring. The date will be discussed with the class as a whole before a final date is set. The class will participate in a full Shabbat morning service, learn how to read from the Torah and share a reflection piece with regard to how important this moment is. RSVP here.
- Intro to Text: Select Sundays throughout the school year, from 10:15am-11:15am, Rabbi Crane will guide those interested in learning about traditional Jewish texts through a diverse library of our textual tradition, including Midrash (rabbinic homilies), Torah commentaries, halakhah (Jewish law), and aggadah (rabbinic stories). All levels of experience with Jewish texts are welcome, and all sources will be provided in English. Attend one or many of these drop in classes.
- High Holiday Toolkit: Join our clergy for three evenings from 7:00-9:00pm as we prepare ourselves for the High Holiday season. Our August 22nd session will be led by Rabbi Caplan, August 29th session will be led by Rabbi Crane, and September 5th will be led by Cantor Rubinstein.
- Valley Beit Midrash: Congregation Or Tzion partners with Valley Beit Midrash to bring esteemed clergy, authors, and speakers to the community-at-large for a series of lectures and mini-seminars throughout the year.
Additional learning opportunities take place throughout the year.