RGRS Teacher-4th & 5th Grade Opening
Job Opening: Teacher-4th & 5th grade
Roz Goodell Religious School (RGRS) seeks a dependable, energetic person to teach 4th Grade in our religious school. The teacher will independently teach the fourth or fifth grade class in subjects that include Judaics, Hebrew and prayers. This position is for the school year, Sundays from 8:45 am-11:45 am and Wednesdays from 3:45 pm to 5:15 pm.
- Experience teaching or working with children between the ages of 4 and 12 in a group setting.
- Familiarity with Hebrew sufficient to teach beginning Hebrew readers to decode the language of blessings and common Hebrew words.
- Ability to work well with other teachers, and to communicate with parents.
- Interest and basic knowledge of Jewish traditions and hands-on learning.
- adequately prepare for classes following the curriculum guidelines provided.
- plan lessons and gather materials before entering the classroom.
- submit lesson plans every two weeks. (a detailed monthly overview will be accepted in its place).
- be present in the classroom at least 15 minutes before class begins, assist with dismissal after class ends, and cleanup of snacks, supplies, ritual items, and your class space.
- complete and submit weekly student attendance.
- arrange the classroom to make it conducive to learning.
- submit requests for materials at least 2 weeks in advance, no later than Sunday night.
- prepare and participate in whole school events.
Compensation is determined by education and experience.
To inquire about this position, please email resume with cover letter to Andre Ivory, Education Director at email@example.com.